Enforcement of Orders

While your spouse or former spouse are required to abide by orders issued by the court, times do arise when your spouse or former spouse disregard the orders and your mechanism of redress is to seek enforcement. Court orders are living documents to ensure that each is party is doing what is set forth in the orders, and if not, the violating party can be held in contempt of court. This means that if a party is found in violation the party may face punishment in jail for up to six months per violation and a fine up to $500.00 per violation. Failure to abide by court orders can be an emotional experience for the party who is complying and he or she will need experienced attorneys to seek enforcement of his or her rights. Speak with the attorneys at Hill | Perez P.C. for a consultation.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment